Survey Reveals Occupant IAQ Preferences
Touchpoint disinfection is a priority for many facilities as occupants and employees are being welcomed back on a more frequent basis, but overlooking indoor air quality (IAQ) can lead to just as many setbacks as failing to wipe down hotspots for germs. To get a clearer idea of how important it is to ensure clean air in a facility, Carbon Lighthouse released a study surveying 1,000 millennials and their sentiments/priorities when it comes to returning to facilities, and the economic impacts of having poor air quality.
Among the many interesting findings, a few takeaways include:
• 82 percent of millennials reported feeling safer about returning to the office if real-time information was available on IAQ, accessible via computer or smartphone. 78 percent of those same respondents felt the same way about returning to hotels with real-time IAQ info.
• Nearly two-thirds (65 percent) already utilize air purifiers, devices or smartphone apps to improve IAQ in their own homes.
• Annual certifications verifying high IAQ for facilities would make 27 percent of millennials feel safer about returning to facilities
• 88 percent of millennials expressed willingness to download and use a real-time IAQ data app for a particular facility
• 75 percent will consider IAQ when if they decide to return to the office
Original article here: